Light Blue Corset Gusseted Corset Turkish Vest Steampunk Corset Stay Tab Tabbed Stays Striped Top Hat Black and Gray Top Hat Fancy Sun Hat Cavalier Hat Pirate Tricorne Crownlace Purse and Hat Mask and Mini Top Hat Lunchbox Purse and Kozie Armband


@pinterest-site-verification=e3efd7d2752bd2f5bc0d23d4f1da97b7

Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm back!

Whew! Still recovering from this weekend. Had a blast at faire and camping. We're already missing it. So much fun! Plus, I got to try out a few new garb additions I've put together.

I've been pondering what to do with this rainbow-colored Turkish vest I made a long time back. Never quite got around to finishing it back then. Then, I decided it would be perfect for All Hallow's weekend, which I believe is also the weekend for TRF's "Day of Wrong".

So, here I am with an "Elvira" we met:

elvira_n_me

And, with Taffy Saltwater in her awesome Steampunk outfit:

taffy_saltwater_n_me
I gathered up all the brightest pieces I've collected over the years at thrift stores and flea markets for this one. I'm wearing FOUR skirts!

• The arm warmers are actually striped socks, which I cut the feet off of.

• Made the hair falls out of synthetic yarn. I'll be sharing a tutorial for the falls on my other blog here.

• The "evil eye" headdress is actually what I was told is a Turkish belt. I bought it at a flea market for $3 shortening it and tying it in the back with elastic.

• The tassels on my belt were made with poly rope and some tassel bead I found in a big jar at a thrift store. The rope is the same stuff I used to make the fluff on my masquerade mask.

Just before heading out for Pirate weekend, I also managed to finish up a lightweight cloak with tabistry shoulders and a matching hooded scarf. It came in very useful on the chilly nights at camp. I'll get some pics of the cloak up soon.

*** UPDATE ***

I have entered this outfit in two online costume contests. Not that I have any hope of winning either. But, if you want to show your support for tabistry and vote for me, check them out here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322964.0

http://www.greenwala.com/greenwala_contests/all/10-Green-Your-Halloween/entries/all

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment