Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm back!

Whew! Still recovering from this weekend. Had a blast at faire and camping. We're already missing it. So much fun! Plus, I got to try out a few new garb additions I've put together.

I've been pondering what to do with this rainbow-colored Turkish vest I made a long time back. Never quite got around to finishing it back then. Then, I decided it would be perfect for All Hallow's weekend, which I believe is also the weekend for TRF's "Day of Wrong".

So, here I am with an "Elvira" we met:

elvira_n_me

And, with Taffy Saltwater in her awesome Steampunk outfit:

taffy_saltwater_n_me
I gathered up all the brightest pieces I've collected over the years at thrift stores and flea markets for this one. I'm wearing FOUR skirts!

• The arm warmers are actually striped socks, which I cut the feet off of.

• Made the hair falls out of synthetic yarn. I'll be sharing a tutorial for the falls on my other blog here.

• The "evil eye" headdress is actually what I was told is a Turkish belt. I bought it at a flea market for $3 shortening it and tying it in the back with elastic.

• The tassels on my belt were made with poly rope and some tassel bead I found in a big jar at a thrift store. The rope is the same stuff I used to make the fluff on my masquerade mask.

Just before heading out for Pirate weekend, I also managed to finish up a lightweight cloak with tabistry shoulders and a matching hooded scarf. It came in very useful on the chilly nights at camp. I'll get some pics of the cloak up soon.

*** UPDATE ***

I have entered this outfit in two online costume contests. Not that I have any hope of winning either. But, if you want to show your support for tabistry and vote for me, check them out here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322964.0

http://www.greenwala.com/greenwala_contests/all/10-Green-Your-Halloween/entries/all

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment