Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Holidays!

I can not believe Christmas is so close! Where has this year gone?! I think someone has been swiping days from me while I was busy crafting! :) But I do have one more project to show for my efforts.

tabistry holiday stocking

tabistry holiday stocking

A full-size tabistry holiday stocking as promised. I used polar fleece strips to weave it. I attempted a pattern on each side using silver and green tabs, but it is hard to see it unless you hold it at just the right angle. One side is candy-striped will the other is a diamond pattern. I'll try to shoot some pics that actually show both patterns when I get a chance.

Wasn't sure I would get this stocking finishing in time, but I did it! Having some frustration getting to know to the new camera. (I lost my old one at faire.) At least the colors are not as oversaturated. They just don't seem as clear to me, though.

I've entered this stocking in a couple holiday contests. If you would like to, I'd love some votes.

You vote once per day at Greenwala here.

Or, vote for me at: Michaels Photo Entry

I've got a few other items I'm going to try to get finished before the year ends. Wish me luck!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, such a clever idea in recycling!! Love the Christmas Stocking!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sort of new to pop tab projects. I would like to get into something like this. Do you by any chance have a pattern or a demo of the weaving?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really have a pattern put together for this project. But, I do have a tutorial that covers the basic weaves used to make it on Etsy here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/44131205/tabistry-basics-step-by-step-illustrated

    Hope you give tabistry a try! :)

    ReplyDelete