So sorry to have taken so long to post about this steampunk tabistry corset's updates. I've worn it several times since finishing it. I have no excuse for not sharing it, except that I was still tweaking the outfit that goes with it. But, the important part is I'm getting to it now, right?
I've made many changes since the last post here. For one, I adjusted the fit in the front. The unberbust part was too high. It still could be a hair lower, I think. :) I also changed out the front laces for metal belt pieces to appear more like a busk look. I found some pleather purse straps to use as shoulder straps. And, for purely aesthetic interest, I added leather buckled straps to the sides, gold buttons and some brown trim all around the edges for a more finished look.
All in all, I think it turned out pretty nice. And, the nail polish painted tabs that I mentioned in the first post are holding up splendidly. I will probably be using the paint again on other pieces.
You can read more about the rest of the outfit I'm wearing at my general craft blog here. I have other tabistry projects planned for the near future. So, you should be hearing from me again here when I get to weaving. In the meantime, have a can-TAB-ulous time!