Monday, November 2, 2009

Cloak with Hood Scarf

I finished this cloak just in time to wear to TRF for pirate weekend. I also made a hood scarf to wear with it. Later, I plan to try making a stand up collar for it when I get a chance.

Sorry about the pics. I only really wore it during the evenings at camp, so I don't have any good pics, yet. I will try to get some better ones later.

Without hood:



With hood:


Close up:


I made the fabric part out of the same polar fleece I used to weave the tabs. I worked up a new technique on this project. I found a way to increase the scallop look, which I think will turn out nice on the future collar.

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely amazing. I have worked with Tabs for years....crocheting and using other techniques. but you really have something innovative AND historic at the same time. Absolutely BRILLIANT work you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary Anne! It's all in fun. I'd love to see your crochet and other work.

    Mieljolie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urban WoodswalkerMay 17, 2011 at 9:09 PM

    I hope you have a tutorial for this collar soon. I think it would be great to wear this!

    ReplyDelete