Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My empire waist bodice

I pretty much used up most of my supply of tabs on mom's bodice, but wanted to wear something to the faire as well. So, I created a much shorter project for myself.

can tab bodice

And, the back while I was fitting it.

can tab bodice back

my can tab outfit

There is just something about dressing up to go to a ren faire that make it more fun!

Breakdown of costs:

Can Tabs = FREE
Dk Blue Velour = n/a (fabric from old jogging jacket)
Orange/Brown Braided Trim = ? ($4 for huge 20+ yard spool braided with leather)
Shoelace lacing on sides of bodice= 30 cents a pair (eBay lot)
Chemise = $1 (thrift store fabric)
Removable Over skirt and Sleeves = $1 (remnant clearance fabric)
Aqua-colored Jewel = ? ($2 for package of 10?)
Bottle cap setting for Jewel = FREE
____________________________________
Total = $2.30

8 comments:

  1. Do you have a pattern for this one and is this a good first timer project? Is the weave similar to the shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, LunaChick, the weave is staggered like the shoe. But, I didn't make a pattern for this one. I just kept trying it on until it fit.

    The turkish vest is actually much more comfortable to move around in for long periods of time, because it has more adjustments (with the lacing) and the back is open making it more flexible. I do have a pattern for the vest, which could be altered to look like the this bodice. Though, I would probably start with something simpler like a belt (or a simple triangle) just to get used to the weaving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you point me in the direction of the vest pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LunaChick, I sent you an email to the account in your profile regarding my vest pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it possible that I could get the pattern for this as well? I love your designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to let everyone know, I'm working on putting the Turkish Vest pattern, which can be altered to look more like this one, up on Etsy.com after I get the Hat and Corset tutorials/patterns finished. Look for it to be ready sometime before Winter '09.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would look terrific for me to wear when I'm merchanting at the Wonders of the World weekend of the Michigan Renaissance Festival... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, matticrafts. If you make something like this, let me know if you have any questions or need any advice. I'll try to help any way I can.

    Mieljolie

    ReplyDelete