Sunday, September 23, 2012

New Hat for the Ball

So, what HAVE I been doing as far as tabistry goes lately? Well, I made a quick small hat for the Sky Commodore's Autumn Masquerade Ball a weekend ago.



Finally a hat to match my blue/tan corset.  Yep, another hat!  I'd been pondering what style of hat would look nice with it.  As I mention on my general craft blog (mieljolie.blogspot.com), most of this outfit was stuff I'd already made or found like the corset and underskirts, but I managed to make the new tabistry hat to match my corset and a gold overskirt and sleeves.  And, I pinned the straps from the corset as a decoration on the skirt.



The hat is small and was pretty easy to get made in time.  I finished it in under two days.  :)  More than I can say for the overskirt, which I'm still not happy with.  But, alas, that is a story for my other blog.  I used a gold shoelace attached to the inside to tie and keep the hat on my head.


Since this was a masquerade ball, I was going to make a new mask to match my corset, but I decided to just wear my old one instead.  I think I wore it all of one song before taking the mask off anyway.  I just don't like having things on my face.  Here it was just before it came off for good that night.



I'm working on some other costuming and stuff.  And, I try to work on the tutorials whenever I have spare time, so new tabistry projects just aren't getting done right now.  Among other things, I would like to get another top hat made, and I'm trying to start a new corset for a fairy costume.  We'll see if it gets out of my head and into the world.  Until then, be Can-TAB-ulous!

1 comment: