Light Blue Corset Gusseted Corset Turkish Vest Steampunk Corset Stay Tab Tabbed Stays Striped Top Hat Black and Gray Top Hat Fancy Sun Hat Cavalier Hat Pirate Tricorne Crownlace Purse and Hat Mask and Mini Top Hat Lunchbox Purse and Kozie Armband


@pinterest-site-verification=e3efd7d2752bd2f5bc0d23d4f1da97b7

Monday, August 3, 2009

Red Sun Hat

Finally got around to shooting some pics of this red sun hat I made awhile back for someone. It's really bright red, but she's in the Red Hat Society!

red sun hat

red sun hat

It's my first attempt at a floppy brim. If there's a next time, I think I will try adding some wired ribbon to the brim edge to help shape it better.
red sun hat

This one is made with larger can tabs and is deliberately a larger size hat. I used the ribbon with can tabs sewn to it to cinch it in like a "D" ring belt. You can kinda see the buckle in this pic along with a removable bottlecap flower:
red sun hat

red sun hat

red sun hat

Hope you like it. Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. do you have a pattern for this hat? i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do. I'm working on putting the patterns back up on Etsy.com with a few revisions. Sorry it's taking so long.

      Mieljoie

      Delete
  2. thank you so much for replying! i am having a hard time getting it started, i get the first 5 *, then the second row doesn't work. it is a continuous weave right not sewn. first attempt tonight with shoelace, i think i'm going to try ribbon tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. np, Cristen. I sent you a facebook message. Thanks for sharing the pic of your progress. It really helped to understand the problem. Hope I can be of help.

      And, sorry again for not having the tutorial available. Stupid computer crash. :(

      Delete
  3. Hermoso ,tiene el patrĂ³n?

    ReplyDelete