Monday, August 4, 2008

New Hats! And, future tutorial!

I've got 2 new hats to show off!

Just finished a topless for my Great Aunt Claudine made with yellow t-shirt scrap and multi-colored yarn.

claudine's can tab hat

The other is a sun hat made with blue and white fleece strips that was made by request for a fellow crafter on http://www.craftster.org/. She's giving it as a gift to someone who collects hats. I tried some new techniques on this one. I figured out a way to weave muli-colored patterns (hard to see the music notes here) and a new way to attach the pieces together. Mom is modeling it til I can get some pics from the new owner.

can pull tab sun hat

can pull tab sun hat top

can pull tab sun hat

I'm currently working on a tutorial on creating tabistry and how to make a pop top hat. I may also work on a "how to" video as well. So, in the near future, anyone interested will be able to get a copy to create their own.

***** UPDATE 09/18/09 *****

Thank you to everyone who have helped make my tutorials better. I now have two up finished and now on Etsy.com (when in stock) here:

mieljolie.etsy.com

I opted not to use craftedonline.com at this time. I may in the future, but for now I will just stick with Etsy.

5 comments:

  1. Love the music notes. Your mom does a great job modeling!
    Linda P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever make the tutorial? I couldn't find it on CraftedOnline, and would love to see it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a interesting hat! I would love to get a copy of the pattern. My girlscout troop loves pop tops. Although they haven't progressed beyond belts yet. There is always hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the delay in answering. Seems the browser was having compatibility problems and wouldn't let me add comments.

    Mandie, I do have patterns/tutorials available for trade, etc..., but I have yet to get one posted on CraftedOnline. I've been constantly making revisions to it through the suggestions of others. If you are interested in aquiring one, please email me from my profile page.

    Jacqueline, I was a Girl Scout many years ago. I'd be happy to share some patterns with your troup. send me an email to discuss it further.

    Tiffany (Mieljolie)

    ReplyDelete