Monday, May 18, 2009

Turkish Vest Revisited

Not much new to show just yet. Except for the belt I finally got around to finishing up. I also took some pics of various stages while trying to accessorize my Turkish-style vest adding some more doodads here and there. I was experimenting with my makeup, as well. Not used to wearing so much. It felt really strange. I'm wearing just about every piece of silver-toned jewelry things I own in the first pic! :)

Tabistry Turkish-style Vest and Belt

soda can tab turkish vest and belt

I had some chain I managed to put together from junk jewelry scraps. So, I added it around the belt, on the vest at the center back to replace the yarn ties, and on the front edges.

First Attempt:
Tabistry Turkish Vest in red and black

Second Attempt:
Tabistry Turkish-style Vest and belt

Third Attempt:
Tabistry Turkis-style Vest and belt

I ended up wearing the red top in the first pic with the grayish skirt, black over skirt and red scarf from the last pic. My mom wore her pirate hat and waist cincher.

Guess my daughter decided to wear her clown face. ;)
Mom, Jeudi and me at Scarby '09

I made an attempt to remove it. LOL
Jeudi and me at Scarby '09

Grandma lookin' Piratey
Mom at Scarby '09

I'm really close to finished on the underbust/cupped corset. Just the last 2 panels to weave and I should have something to show.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you, Berta! You're very kind to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a pattern for the pirate hat? Daughter #2 has been collecting tabs for years, and is always looking for something to do with them. She kind of lost interest when she couldn't find any more ideas, and I would love to make one of these as a surprise for her before she leaves for college in the fall.

    Where are you in Texas? We're in Fort Worth - love your work!
    Teresa Koch
    Fort Worth, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, I sent you an email about the pattern for the hat. Should be available, soon. **knock on wood** I'll contact you when it's up.

    We are east of Dallas in a tiny town that is barely on the map. :)

    Thanks,

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiffany, I need to make a couple of the turkish vest, is there a way you can email me the pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Dawn! Realy truly sorry I've taken so long to reply. Hope you get your vests done on time. Again, let me know if I can help!

      Mieljolie

      Delete
  5. I was wondering how I might get a hold of he pattern for vest and belt? I'm currently studying middle eastern dance, and have a passion for up cycling so this squarly hits two of my major interests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find the pattern/tutorial here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/41019524/tabistry-turkish-style-vest-pdf-pattern

      Enjoy studying dance!

      Delete