Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jeudi Warrior Princess

After the belt projects, I played around with weaving sheets of tabs in various patterns coming up with, my favorite, the scale look. One triangle shaped piece jokingly became a can tab string bikini top, but you're crazy if you think I'm sharing that pic! The next project made out of can tabs was a hat for my daughter. She loves pink! As any 4 yr. old girl at the time would. I happened to find some pink fuzzy soft fleece fabric strips in the clearance at Hobby Lobby. So, we made the following hat:

soda can tab hat front

soda can tab hat back

It's surprisingly stretchy, light and comfortable. Of course, she just had to have a costume to wear with it. She was, and is, into Xena of all characters. Below are pics of our progress to the current costume.

Can Tab Dress with Hat - front 1

Can Tab Dress with Hat - back

Can Tab Dress with Hat - front 2

And, here is the latest add-ons to her outfit that will hopefully be worn to TRF this year weather permitting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We added a sword, whip, cape and a few other accessories she picked out. The whip is a whole other homemade project I will explain in a separate post.

Breakdown of cost:

Can tabs = FREE (technically, they made money cuz we recycled some of the cans)
Pink Fleece = $2 (large package of strips on clearance)
Belt for hanging weapons = $1 (thift store)
Sword = $1 (dollar store)
Green Dress = $17 (new)
Green/Black Cape = $1.50 (thrift store)
Whip = $2 ($1 each for bundle of green rope and duct tape, pencil was free)
Armbands/Jewels = $1 each arm (from clearance jewery finds)
________________________________________
Total = $25.50

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I wouldn't have had to be a tomboy if I knew I could look that mean and girly at the same time. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I think she's a budding actress on my hands. You should have seen her as Moaning Myrtle from HP. She kept a pouty face the whole night and won 1st prize more for her performance than the costume. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!!! Hi Tiffany

    I found you through Lisa Vollrath's site.
    This outfit is totally AMAZING. What a lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure she'd be happy to film one for us. LOL! She's our little actress. Always pretending to be somebody. She's just now starting to get a little shy.

    Mieljolie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola me gusta la ropa . como podria hacer ara comnprarlo soy de Lima Peru, lo deseo para mi hija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias. Lo siento, pero la ropa y el sombrero no están en venta.

      (Thanks. I'm sorry, but the clothes and hat aren't for sale.)

      Delete
  6. Deseo comprarlo, como podria hacer para que me lo envien a Lima Peru ,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have the direction to the hat. Its cute as a button. Thank you. 7m all new to this and looks quite easy.
    Thank you. Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que preciosidades! me encantan los sombreros! saludos!

    ReplyDelete