Saturday, October 16, 2010

Has it been that long?!

Wow. Just realized how long it's been since my last post here. Sorry 'bout that. I've been really busy with all kinds of things. Including a steampunk costume for Halloween that is far from finished. Not much else to show just, yet. But, I guess I can finally get around to posting this ring I made awhile back.



In my quest to adorn my tribal costume, I've been searching for ideas to make unusual jewelry out of tabs and other things.



This ring is very simple. Just a tab I found that happened to fit my finger. (It would be easy to make this adjustable by just cutting the ring.) Not sure what it came off of. I've had some gold ones very similar that were from Bumblebee Tuna Salad containers. I just drilled a small hole and hung a bead from where the rivet part was removed. I attached it with jewelry wire so that it wiggles freely in the center of the hole.



As you can see here, I really didn't even smooth out the broken rivet edge. I thought it was odd that the tab was gold on the back side. Though I've found many a random tab the same way.

More projects coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. This could also be done by doubling the tabs to hide the sharp parts ( these tabs are mostly found on potted meat and camned chili cans up here in Kentucky) neat idea for a ring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! You could probably wire wrap them together or something. Thanks!

      Mieljolie

      Delete