Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bellydance Costume Progress

As embarrassing as it is, here are some pics I promised to put up of the bellydance costume I'm working on getting finished. It has been raining here and while I was getting photographed I was experiencing a nice cold mist on my exposed parts. Brrrr...

I'm repurposing my empire waist bodice I wore to faire. Currently, I'm experimenting and adding all the dangly things to my belt. As you can tell in the pics, the sleeves are removable and I only have one on. I had to make the piece on my stomach wide enough to hide my beautiful appendectomy scars. (The surgeon was a butcher, but I'm still alive and kickin' so all is good.)

Anyway, there will be a round flower thing on both hips (maybe with a turquoise jewel in center) as well as many hanging strings of tabs all around similar to the front. I'm probably ditching the overskirt seen in the first few pics.


can tab bellydance in progress can tab bellydance in progress

can tab bellydance in progress can tab bellydance in progress

5 comments:

  1. Very very fetching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Can you tell me how you connect them to each other? Do you have an instruction book that is for sale on how to do this? I would love to learn how. All I can say is WOW !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I use fabric strips to join the tabs. I have a tutorial called "Tabistry Basics" on Etsy.com, which covers just about anything you would need to know to make your own projects. I'm working on getting some patterns up there as well.

    Mieljolie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has to be the most amazing thing, I remember looking at it and thinking it was just shiny fabric but when reading I was floored!!! :D
    I might have to look into learning how to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jackal! Hope you do decide to try it. And, thanks for commenting!

    Mieljolie

    ReplyDelete