Monday, April 27, 2009

Action Pics from Scarby '09

Just got back from our first trip of the season to Scarborough. We made quite a few improvements to our garb this trip.

We reworked the front of mom's bodice. She says it fits much better not being as big as before. I took out the front plastic boning, which was causing some ripples and buckling in her trim. Eventually, we are going to put the stiffer boning back in the sides, but it's not as necessary anymore now that it is smaller.

I also added an ostrich feather to her hat, which I think really gives it that extra touch.

pop top hat feathered

She finally got to show off her new mug and parasol holders that were made for us by Cormac on http://www.renaissancefestival.com/ . They came in very handy.
Photobucket

I got to wear my new things. A corset, mug holder (by Cormac) and new (to me) mug.
Photobucket

mug holder

We whipped up a last minute simple cincher for my daughter to wear. Here she is participating at the maypole.
Photobucket

As usual, we had a blast and wore ourselves out. In all, a good time was had. Can't wait to return. Huzzah!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool pics and great job on the garb! I see one problem though, the mugs are empty. Where is the mead!! LOL Looks like a fun time!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete