Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's raining tabs...

...Halleluiah! It's raining tabs... :)



Must apologized for the temporary break from tabistry. We just received a huge stash of tabs from our local recycler. They're the best. We hadn't been in for a while to deposit our cans, but they were continuing to save the tabs that people bring in. We normally only get a zip lock bag or two full every few months or so, but this trip it was something like 8-9 gallons! It's taken some time to clean and sort all of those and get them out of my crafting area. But, with some help, I'm finally back to making some tabistry. I was very please to see a few colored tabs mixed in there, too.

The timing of this couldn't be any better. I have a big tabistry project to complete that I volunteered to do for Ronald McDonald House in Kentucky. I'll be attempting to finish a hat, beach bag/lunch box, and a can koozie for their annual auction in a couple months.

In the mean time, if anyone near Texas is in need of some tabs, give me a holler. I think I'll have plenty to spare for a short time.

2 comments:

  1. These designs and such are fantastic. I knew a few people who used to create with tabs on the streets of New Orleans back in the 90's.
    Mainly, a chain mail style,girdles,bras and some weaving they would sell to survive.
    I have made some small projects back then and it is nice to see Yours. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, New Orleans. I'd love to visit there someday. Wish I could have seen the tabmaile works, too. Do you have pics? Takes so long to make tabistry stuff. It would be a difficult living, I think. :)

    Thanks for stopping by and sharing, Saelok. Hope you return to tabistry in the future.

    Mieljolie

    ReplyDelete