Light Blue Corset Gusseted Corset Turkish Vest Steampunk Corset Stay Tab Tabbed Stays Striped Top Hat Black and Gray Top Hat Fancy Sun Hat Cavalier Hat Pirate Tricorne Crownlace Purse and Hat Mask and Mini Top Hat Lunchbox Purse and Kozie Armband


@pinterest-site-verification=e3efd7d2752bd2f5bc0d23d4f1da97b7

Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's raining tabs...

...Halleluiah! It's raining tabs... :)



Must apologized for the temporary break from tabistry. We just received a huge stash of tabs from our local recycler. They're the best. We hadn't been in for a while to deposit our cans, but they were continuing to save the tabs that people bring in. We normally only get a zip lock bag or two full every few months or so, but this trip it was something like 8-9 gallons! It's taken some time to clean and sort all of those and get them out of my crafting area. But, with some help, I'm finally back to making some tabistry. I was very please to see a few colored tabs mixed in there, too.

The timing of this couldn't be any better. I have a big tabistry project to complete that I volunteered to do for Ronald McDonald House in Kentucky. I'll be attempting to finish a hat, beach bag/lunch box, and a can koozie for their annual auction in a couple months.

In the mean time, if anyone near Texas is in need of some tabs, give me a holler. I think I'll have plenty to spare for a short time.

2 comments:

  1. These designs and such are fantastic. I knew a few people who used to create with tabs on the streets of New Orleans back in the 90's.
    Mainly, a chain mail style,girdles,bras and some weaving they would sell to survive.
    I have made some small projects back then and it is nice to see Yours. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, New Orleans. I'd love to visit there someday. Wish I could have seen the tabmaile works, too. Do you have pics? Takes so long to make tabistry stuff. It would be a difficult living, I think. :)

    Thanks for stopping by and sharing, Saelok. Hope you return to tabistry in the future.

    Mieljolie

    ReplyDelete