Light Blue Corset Gusseted Corset Turkish Vest Steampunk Corset Stay Tab Tabbed Stays Striped Top Hat Black and Gray Top Hat Fancy Sun Hat Cavalier Hat Pirate Tricorne Crownlace Purse and Hat Mask and Mini Top Hat Lunchbox Purse and Kozie Armband


@pinterest-site-verification=e3efd7d2752bd2f5bc0d23d4f1da97b7

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Great Inspirational Videos!

I've been searching all over the web since I started making tabistry admiring other artist's work. There are sooo many cool ideas out there. Youtube.com is one of my favorite stops for inspriational videos. So , I would like to share some of my favs.

Escama Studios - Fashion show


And, an advertisment for Escama.

Finissimo - CFW Verao 2009 - Cia do Lacre


More purses/bags from previous year.

Novica Artisan Neide Ambrosio at Brazilian TV Show


Another video about Neide Ambrosio's work.

Some incredible recycled Fashions on Programa Tudo É Possível in four parts(In Spanish):

Part 1

I have to admit that some of these design are a bit flamboyant for my tastes, but play close attention at 3:00 for a black dress made from x-ray film and VCR tape, a plastic bottle maille dress at 5:10, and a unique tabistry top at 6:30.

Part 2

Again, some of the outfits are not for me, but there are more wonderful can tabs and the use of other parts of the can at 2:10 and 4:35.

More awesomeness from Programa Tudo É Possível from 03/02/08:

Part 1
Check out the fairy-like skirt at 1:45 made out of plastic bottles and the cd top at 7:30.

Part 2

I was also impressed with the plastic bottlecap dress at 1:40.

Also in Spanish, Crocheted Can Tabs:


An Interview with Brad Taylor, maker of a can tab lounge chair


For those who care to know, here is a video on how aluminum cans are made.

And, I stumbled on this video purely by accident and cracked up:
"Pop Tab Girl" song

No comments:

Post a Comment